Translator and Translation Career Opportunities
TranslationPal translates and proofreads all types of documents into the English language. Click here to see a drop-down menu of what a TranslationPal translator can expect to see from our clientele
At TranslationPal, we use a two-tier system to ensure the highest quality translations. First, the document is translated into English by one of our expert translators, who have years of experience with the source language as well as superb English skills.
Once the document has been translated into English, a member of our team of professional proofreaders at ProofreadingPal will take over. The proofreader will review the entire document for grammar, punctuation, capitalization, verb tense, spelling, sentence structure and clarity. Our translators typically earn between $300 to $2,000 per month.
TranslationPal is currently seeking qualified applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
1. Are currently employed by or enrolled as a graduate or postgraduate student in an accredited United States university and have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
2. Have a graduate degree with a minimum of five years of professional translation experience.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Excellent Google search skills
- Experience translating academic papers in various fields of study
- Experience with several popular writing styles, such as APA, MLA, CMS, AP, and CSE.
- Required software:
- Microsoft Word 2007 (or higher)
- Adobe Standard or Foxit Standard (or higher)
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (or higher)
If your qualifications meet the above requirements, please take some time to answer our short independent contractor questionnaire below. You should hear from a TranslationPal representative within 5–10 business days regarding the next step of our hiring process, which includes our comprehensive, timed examination.
Proofreader Application Form
"This was a difficult translation with complex language. The English quality came back strong. I will use you again for Spanish translation projects."More testimonials